19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1) You. 
Throughout my college experience, networking is the reason I am where I am today. This skill is what has offered and kept opening more doors not just for myself but even to my peers. My aspirations are to one day become a Pediatrician. With this business concept, it is through networking that has reinforced my passion and interest in medicine along with child development. I see this business playing a role in my life knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life with the touch of a button. 
2) What are you offering to customers? 
The Match, a one-time purchase app, will bridge the gap and serve as a prevention method towards extra costs for undecided students in their majors. This app will serve to showcase all the different majors through experienced undergraduates in that major which will also serve towards connecting them with possible "mentors". 
3) Who are you offering it to?
This app would be available and open to every student and incoming student who feels undecided on their major. 
4) Why do they care? 
Students would rather invest in a small fee for access to this app and save thousands of dollars on taking courses they would have no interest in. 
5) What are your core competencies?
I think everyone shares unique experiences and specifically, I think my experiences are what sets me apart. I can definitely offer my networking skills and getting as many upperclassmen and even graduate TAs into this app from various majors.

Reflection: I think these elements all are essential when thinking about my business concept because it questions whether or not its worth it. It also questions what can I offer to this service through this opportunity. As well who can it serve such as how much will it be of a value to them. The feedback I received offered me an insight to appreciate how to use my customer's unmet needs to an advantage and create an opportunity out of it.

Comments

  1. I think you did a really thorough job on this idea napkin! I think you gave really good personal insight into yourself, and how you use networking to open doors in your life, and how your business idea has further motivated your future aspirations. I agree that your networking skills would prove valuable to your app, as it would help greatly in getting people on board the idea on both the client, and mentor sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job laying out your business and what it offers. Since you personally went through the same struggles as the ones you are trying to fix with your target market, I believe your business will be successful and profitable with the cost of the app since it isn't a recurring cost to the customer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment