16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?
1. I think some characteristics that can incorporate into my human capital are my:
- Open-Mindedness: Growing up in South Florida, I was engaged in a diverse community where I've been able to understand these differences and the power it can have. As well, as alumni of public education, I have been able to understand the importance of an integrated community of students from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Training: I have a technical certification in Office Administration Assistance. I've worked with children since my freshman year of high school from supervising a summer daycare to supervising an outreach reading program for at-risk youth to shadowing my pediatrician to tutoring at my previous job. I feel that through this experience, I've been able to understand much clearer the feeling of pressure that many young adults will face when it comes time to choose their major.
- Networking: As the social media does offer a platform for a variety of reasons, one of its main advantages was enabling me to network with upperclassmen prior to entering my freshman year here at the University of Florida. Since then, I've introduced many of the upperclassmen, who are now alumni, to my current friends who are in the same respective field. For example, I have a friend who currently works in the Marketing department at Intel whom I introduced to a close friend of mine and she will soon intern with them later this year.
- Budgeting: As a student, I've seen my friends drain their bank account and use their refund checks towards buying a new iPhone to a new camera, laptop, or even last minute trips to Disney World. This leaves them with unwanted predicted consequences. However, I've been very careful to not even touch such funds unless needed where I think that shows an important trait when investing in a possible candidate.
- Control: Throughout my academic and personal life, I've experienced many setbacks. However, these setbacks have defined and molded my future opportunities. In moments of crisis, I've been able to remain calm and carry out effective decisions. I believe this is an important trait in the human capital.
2. Interviewees.
Nicholas Palomba
https://soundcloud.com/bianca-granada/16a-whats-your-secret-sauce-15
In this recording, I interviewed a friend of mine that I have known for over a year. Nick definitely put an emphasis on my caring abilities and how I apply them in both my personal and social life.
Justin Cho
https://youtu.be/PPDlmCgZPlQ
Justin spoke about my characteristics in my academic life speaking on how optimistic I can be which drives a positive outlook in many situations. He also states that I am goal-driven in the plans that I do.
Raul Meyers
https://youtu.be/w9eRAmuE6ek
Raul spoke about my honesty and organizational skills along with creativity. He also mentions that I am a determined person and accomplish everything to the best of my ability.
Luke Anderson
https://youtu.be/VC3kmfomtyk
Luke mentioned three attributes about me: passionate, consistency, and sociable. He ties these traits into my personal and academic life.
Erika Alban
https://youtu.be/fiKg-ypnS-o
Nicholas Palomba
https://soundcloud.com/bianca-granada/16a-whats-your-secret-sauce-15
In this recording, I interviewed a friend of mine that I have known for over a year. Nick definitely put an emphasis on my caring abilities and how I apply them in both my personal and social life.
Justin Cho
https://youtu.be/PPDlmCgZPlQ
Justin spoke about my characteristics in my academic life speaking on how optimistic I can be which drives a positive outlook in many situations. He also states that I am goal-driven in the plans that I do.
Raul Meyers
https://youtu.be/w9eRAmuE6ek
Raul spoke about my honesty and organizational skills along with creativity. He also mentions that I am a determined person and accomplish everything to the best of my ability.
Luke Anderson
https://youtu.be/VC3kmfomtyk
Luke mentioned three attributes about me: passionate, consistency, and sociable. He ties these traits into my personal and academic life.
Erika Alban
https://youtu.be/fiKg-ypnS-o
Erika brought up a story of when I mentored her into UF from the minute she got to campus during Summer B. She mentions that I am caring and have motherly attributes.
3. Reflection
I do think I can agree on being a caring person which sometimes I do feel like the mom of the group of friends I have. I think the responsibilities I've held previously in my youth have allowed me to show this trait. I think the one I can argue against is my creative skills, it comes when it's at the right time. I can't just be creative on the spot which is something I've observed. I was surprised to have heard of the honesty trait I hold from Raul because I just thought it wasn't a big deal but see where the situation could have gone if it went the other way around. I think I'll stick with my list because these are attributes that do define who I am and can accomplish.
I do think I can agree on being a caring person which sometimes I do feel like the mom of the group of friends I have. I think the responsibilities I've held previously in my youth have allowed me to show this trait. I think the one I can argue against is my creative skills, it comes when it's at the right time. I can't just be creative on the spot which is something I've observed. I was surprised to have heard of the honesty trait I hold from Raul because I just thought it wasn't a big deal but see where the situation could have gone if it went the other way around. I think I'll stick with my list because these are attributes that do define who I am and can accomplish.
I think you did a good job in creating your list because you went really in depth when describing all of your traits and qualities. I also think that it was cool that you talked about your technical certification because I focused mainly on characteristics and your training is something that is super unique to just yourself. Good job creating your list.
ReplyDeleteYou described your human capital very well. Some of your bullets, like networking, is something that I wouldn't have thought about for myself. It's interesting to see that each of your friends had different things to say about you, my friends' responses were kind of similar. It's very eye-opening to see how your friends see you, from the outside, and how it's different from how we see ourselves.
ReplyDelete