26A – Celebrating Failure

1. Just last week, I forgot my lab manual for my lab course for a first after several weeks of routine.
2. I learned that I should stick to my routine of packing the night before! I usually pack my backpack the night before with what I only need. I trusted myself on remembering the next morning which failed. I failed myself! I realized that if there is an opportunity to prep, take it and don't question it. 
3. Failure in general is an opportunity to change. If you can acknowledge it then you've already taken the first step. In the past, I've made several mistakes but I've learned to view them as mistakes that needed to happen. For starters, it makes me feel a little better but it also gets me motivated to see where the change needs to happen. This course showed me through the stories of successful entrepreneurs, students, and myself that failure is ok, it happens to everyone, some most hard than others. I think this past semester alone, I've taken more risks than before from personal to academic settings and it's only because I feel more comfortable with my failures. The main thing that distinguishes from others is how we react to these failures.

Fall 9 times, get up 10. 

Comments

  1. I really like the positive outlook you came out with. It’s important to realize our mistakes and grow from them. I also enjoyed the quote that you put at the end; even though it wasn’t required I think it added a lot to the post and kind of summed up your point about making mistakes, acknowledging them and learning from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also took some more risks this semester than I usually do so I can completely relate. Failures are definitely what distinguishes people because everyone reacts to failure differently and it shows a lot about a person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment