27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big
Scott Adams
Novel

1) One of the main concepts I admired from this biography was that there's no success without the experience of failing. I know it is obvious but it can be a hard concept to understand at the moment of failure. 
2) The book and ENT3003 connects through the main drive that's found in entrepreneurs. Through failure and experience, it's what keeps one running and above all, motivates you even more. It's a moment of failure that you have to fall deep down to jump back up harder. This can be seen within our own work and how our opportunity, although holding some setbacks, still holds room for improvement and it's a matter of addressing them and moving forward. 
3) If I were to assign an exercise based on this book and class, it'd be having student's having to go out and fail at something on purpose. The reason being is because it's hard to fail, it happens without expecting it and it lets us appreciate how rare or maybe even common this can happen. 
4) My 'aha' moment in this book was when everything all came down to luck. Some may argue that there's no such thing as luck, however you can also argue that there are unexplainable situations where luck does save us. I can easily relate to this since for me there have been moments where opportunities just "popped" up like it's unexplainable! 

Comments

  1. It’s kind of ironic that you chose to read this book this week because we had the success in failure assignment blog this week. Everyone experiences failures, and that’s just one way that people learn and grow from their mistakes. I like the idea that you came up with to have people fail on purpose. That could help people learn from failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bouncing off of Ariana, it's really interesting that this book was so close to our other assignment for the week. I would say that failure is what differentiates a good entrepreneur from a bad one. Someone who can't move on from failure isn't capable of running a successful business since no business is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment